Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is the perfect breakfast recipe for a large crowd of family or friends! This classic, savory breakfast casserole is full of sausage, eggs, cheese, and potatoes. It is a great dish to bring to a potluck or family gathering.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s like a complete plate full of breakfast classics all in each bite. And we love this this breakfast casserole is so versatile and easy to tweak.
It’s versatile in that you can use it to feed a large crowd of people all at once. Breakfast Casseroles are GREAT for that! Or, you can prepare it on Sunday afternoon and have breakfast all ready to go for your family during those busy weekday mornings. Or reheat it for brunch or even an easy lunch!
And, while we keep things pretty simple and straightforward here, there are lots of ways you can spice (literally!) this up or make it your own! Read below for some suggestions!
Bisquick: The Secret Ingredient!
Of course, anytime you are looking for a quick and easy recipes, you can always turn to good old Bisquick mix! On our other, comfort food blog, we have A TON of Bisquick Recipes! It can take just about any recipe, where it is breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert and make them so much easier and simpler!
Bisquick Breakfast Recipes
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is a recipe I have been making for years. It is perfect because there are so many variations you can make with it once you have the main recipe down. I have made it with ham, I have made it with bacon, I have made it with leftover pulled pork… you get the idea. What I love to do for breakfast pitch-ins is to make a vegetable breakfast casserole and a sausage egg and cheese casserole like this Bisquick breakfast casserole recipe.
How To Make Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
Again, these are the ingredients we use, but there are a ton of ways to mix things up. I’ll give you some prompts as we go along.
- BISQUICK – You should always have a box of Bisquick laying around your kitchen. You can also use Gluten Free Bisquick ifto make this dish Gluten-Free.
- EGGS – Any kind of eggs you want to use will work here.
- CHEESE – We use shredded cheddar cheese, but any kind will work here. From Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or even Swiss!
- SAUSAGE – We always use plain pork sausage. But here is another area that you can really mix things up. From adding some more flavor with Maple Sausage to make it lighter with Turkey Sausage. You can also use different kinds of meat such as bacon or ham!
- ONIONS – We used yellow onions because they are a little sweet and more mellow. You could really add any vegetables you’d like into this. Mushrooms and/or Bell Peppers would be delicious.
- MILK – We used 2% milk. But you can use whatever you’d like.
- GREEN ONIONS – For a garnish. These are optional.
- HASH BROWNS – Frozen Hash Browns. No need to thaw them or bake them first. Just throw them in the casserole dish. You could also use Tater Tots if you’d like.
- SALT AND PEPPER – To taste.
Storage and Freezing
If you have leftovers, you can store the in an Airtight Container in your refrigerator. We love to use this 9X13 inch casserole baking dish because it comes with it’s own fitted top! This recipe reheat just fine in the microwave.
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is also a great recipe to freeze. Simple allow it to cool to room temperature and put it in a freezer safe container. It will stay good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Allow to thaw in your fridge. You can also freeze individual portions of the Breakfast Casserole, so that you can only take out what you need from the freezer.
Can You Make Bisquick Breakfast Casserole Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can assemble this the night before and, before baking it, put it in your refrigerator. It will be fine overnight, so then you can just throw it in your preheated oven in the morning. I wouldn’t let this sit for more than overnight before baking it, as the hashbrowns could start to get soggy.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- TOPPINGS – We simply garnish ours with Green Onions. But you can also top your Bisquick Breakfast Casserole with Sour Cream, Salsa, Avocado, Slice Jalapenos or Hot Sauce.
- SPICE IT UP – You can also make this Breakfast Casserole a little more spicy by adding some hot sauce to your egg mix before baking. Or, you could whisk some sliced jalapenos in there as well.
- SWEETEN IT UP – I’ve also heard of people drizzling a little bit of maple syrup into the egg mixture before baking. We haven’t tried it but that sweet and salty combination sounds delicious!
We hope you enjoy this Bisquick Breakfast Casserole. Please let us know how it turns out for you in the comments section!
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- 10 HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
- 20 EASY KETO BREAKFAST RECIPES
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE LINKS
- BISQUICK HOT CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
- INSTANT POT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH BACON, ASPARAGUS AND CARAMALIZED ONIONS
- BREAKFAST KABOBS
- BACON, EGG AND CHEESE KOLACHE
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green onions (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook sausage an onions in large skillet until cooked through and onions are translucent, drain.
- With cooking spray, grease a large baking dish, 13x9. Pour in sausage, hash browns, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, salt, pepper, and eggs together until well blended. Pour over the sausage mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes uncovered or until the egg mixture is done in the middle. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and put back into the hot oven for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.