Make Instant Pot Taco Pasta in just minutes using your pressure cooker. Full of all the taco flavors you love, this is going to be a favorite!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
School has started and so has soccer and gymnastics. This time of year is crazy busy and that means finding easy recipes that the kids enjoy so much it doesn’t take them an hour to eat it.
This Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe is quick, easy and the family loves it. Made all in one pot, clean up is a breeze. Sealing in all those flavors and aromas makes for a delicious family dinner!
It is an easy pasta dish that is nice change of pace from our usual Taco Tuesday. This recipe is very versatile and you can make it to your own tastes. It will be as spicy (or not spicy) as you want it to be. We don’t have corn or black beans in our version, but you can easily add them!
I love finding kid-friendly Instant Pot recipes that I can make in a flash for those busy school nights. If you haven’t tried pasta in your pressure cooker, you need to! Our Crack Chicken Pasta is one of our most popular recipes here on amomsimpression!
This cheesy taco pasta is also very budget friendly. The kids and I figured that this entire meal cost us about $8 and there was enough left over for lunch the next day! If you only have 4 people in your family to feed, feel free to cut this recipe in half and get a meal for under $5! If you like budget-friendly meals check out our list of healthy recipes for under $15!
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- OLIVE OIL – We like using olive oil to saute our ingredients because of it’s higher smoke point.
- GROUND BEEF – We used 2 lbs of 80/20 lean ground beef. If you are looking for a leaner recipe, you can certainly substitute for ground chicken or ground turkey.
TACO SEASONING – 2 packages. Or 5 tbsp.
GARLIC – Minced. You will saute this in the Instant Pot before Pressure Cooking.
RED PEPPER FLAKES – To add some heat. We used 1/2 tsp but you can add more or less according to your preferences.
SALSA – Any brand or type you prefer. 16 ounces.
CHICKEN BROTH – If you are using ground beef and want to substitute for Beef Broth, go for it!
BELL PEPPERS – 4 Bell Peppers of any color. Seeded and chopped.
ROMA TOMATOES – Diced Tomatoes will blend and cook with the other ingredients to make your tomato sauce.
ONION – Finely diced.
SHREDDED CHEESE – Any type of cheese will work. Cheddar cheese, mexican blend or monterey jack would all be delicious.
RIGATONI PASTA – Any smaller pasta shape could work. Rotini pasta, bowtie pasta, elbow macaroni or even bowtie pasta would be fun!
- SALT AND PEPPER – If desired. To taste.
Storage and Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should be good in your fridge for up to 5 days. This recipe reheats just fine in the microwave.
Taco Pasta Toppings and Garnishes
Add some fun, flavor and flair to your Instant Pot Taco Pasta with these toppings:
- TORTILLA CHIPS OR TORTILLA STRIPS
- SOUR CREAM (OR GREEK YOGURT)
- HOT SAUCE
- GREEN ONIONS
- MORE SHREDDED CHEESE
We hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Taco Pasta Recipe.
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 lb Ground Beef or Turkey
- 2 1/2 TBSP Taco Seasoning or 1 package
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 jar salsa 16oz
- 4 C chicken broth
- 4 peppers any color seeded and chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz rigatoni pasta
- Sour Cream optional
- Cilantro optional
- Place Instant Pot to Saute mode and add olive oil. Add peppers, onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add ground beef or turkey and cook through. Add the taco seasoning and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- Turn off pressure cooker.
- Add Salsa, broth and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Secure lid and turn Instant Pot back on. Set on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is finished, quick release the pressure. Take lid off and add cheese to the pot. Stir to combine and to melt cheese.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream and more shredded cheese.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.