Instant Pot Hungarian Goulash
This post contains affiliate links.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Now is the perfect time to purchase your own. This time saving appliance is a must for busy families. Be sure to check out our Pressure Cooking guide to learn everything you need to know about pressure cooking.
My kids have become picky eaters so finding recipes that everyone loves has become a bit of a challenge. This recipe is perfect because it has just the right amount of spice for my husband and I, yet it doesn’t overpower the pallet of our little ones.
You can also substitute the beef stew meat for ground beef, making it even more budget friendly and a great kid-friendly Instant Pot meal. We love hamburger Instant Pot meals.
Pressure Cooker Hungarian Goulash Recipe
Pressure Cooker Hungarian Goulash Recipe For the Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 bag wide egg noodles about 6 ounces
- Turn the instant pot to sauté and add oil, meat, onion and garlic. Mix well and sauté until meat is browned.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper, tomatoes, pasta and chicken broth. Stir well.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and seal. Close the pressure release valve. Turn the instant pot on manual, high pressure for 5 minutes. When the cycle is done, quick release the steam.
- Open the pot and let stew set for about 5 minutes as it will be very hot.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
Pin For Later