What is Mississippi Chicken?
What you need to make Mississippi Chicken
- boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Dry ranch dressing seasoning packet
- AuJus Dry seasoning packet* (optional, I didn’t use it in my recipe below because I didn’t have any but a lot of people include it and it is in the traditional recipe)
- Hamburger buns
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Pressure Cooker – I love my Instant Pot
Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts about 2-3 breasts
- 1 8 oz jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package dry ranch dressing seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place chicken breasts into your pressure cooker pot. Drain pepper juice from your jar of peppers into a measuring cup. If the juice doesn't equal 1 cup of juice, add water to make one cup. Pour over chicken. Add peppers to your pot and sprinkle ranch dressing on top. Place cubes of butter over chicken in the pot.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and seal shut. Make sure the pressure release valve is set to sealing. Set your pressure cooker to manual, high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, carefully quick release the pressure. Carefully open the lid and let the chicken stand for about 5 minutes until it can be shredded. Using two forks, or a hand held beater, shred the chicken. Mix chicken back in with the peppers and juices.
- Use tongs to place chicken onto a bun and top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.