Meatloaf has always been a comfort food to me. My dad used to come up with a million different ways to make meatloaf, but he never used his pressure cooker. When I first made this recipe, I was scrambling trying to find new recipes for the seemingly endless supply of ground beef I had in the fridge. Instant Pot ground beef recipes are perfect for busy nights when we need something on the table that everyone is going to enjoy.
Let’s be honest, our kids don’t always like what we tell them is for dinner. Luckily, I have plenty of Kid-Friendly Instant Pot meals for my family. They love this Instant Pot Meatloaf especially when we pair it with Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you are new to pressure cooking and are a little intimidated, don’t be. There are many benefits to cooking with your Instant pot, check out our pressure cooking guide to learn more!
Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
This Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is super simple and easy to make in your pressure cooker. Pair with some mashed potatoes and a vegetable for a complete meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2-3 eggs you will need the third if using lean meat
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup or tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Grease a 6" cake pan or springform pan. If using a springform pan, also line the outside with tinfoil.
- Combine the ground meats together until fully blended, by hand preferably.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, onion and garlic, then add to the meat.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into the greased pan.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine remaining BBQ sauce, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce. Spread overtop of meatloaf.
- Place the trivet in your IP and add 1 cup of water.
- Place the pan on the trivet and secure the lid.
Set for 30 minutes on manual, high pressure. Natural release.
Cooking time does not include the time it takes for the pressure cooker to come to pressure.