It’s no secret that we are obsessed with our Instant Pot. We are busy parents looking for easy recipes for our family and using a pressure cooker is an amazing tool, there is just one pot to clean up! We have adapted a lot of our favorite family recipes into pressure cooker versions, and this Instant Pot lasagna is one of our favorites.
What is Lazy Lasagna?
When you want lasagna but you don’t want to have to go through all the steps to actually make lasagna then this lazy version is for you! Basically lazy lasagna is a type of deconstructed lasagna made in one pot. There is no need for layering meat, sauce, cheese, over and over again. Instead, all the flavors and ingredients are mixed together in a one pot method of cooking, in this case we are using our Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Do I need a Spring Form Pan to make this Lasagna?
No! The beauty of this recipe is that if you don’t have a lasagna pan it is just fine. This recipe cooks right in the pot that comes with your pressure cooker. A spring form isn’t necessary because we don’t need to layer the ingredients for Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna!
Can I make this recipe with Cottage Cheese or Ricotta?
What Type of Noodles do I Need?
Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna Ingredients
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Diced Onion
- Garlic Cloves
- Italian Sausage
- Chicken Broth
- Pasta Sauce
- Lasagna Noodles, broken into 2″ pieces
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Lasagna in your Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar 24 oz, pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning optional
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into 2" pieces
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place your pressure cooker to the saute function. Add oil, onion, garlic and sausage to the pot. Saute until the sausage has cooked through and is no longer pink. Stir in broth, pasta sauce, Italian Seasoning and lasagna noodles and mix well.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and seal shut. Ensure that the pressure release valve is closed. Set the pressure cooker to manual, high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, carefully quick release the pressure before opening.
- Add 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese to the lasagna and mix well. Top with remaining mozzarella. Set the lid on pot for about 1 minute until the cheese has melted. Top with Parmesan and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
More Lazy Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
8-Minute Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
The Easiest Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
We love this recipe! Can it also be done in a crockpot?
Yes, it could. just combine everything and cook on low 8 hours high 4 hours.
Debbie Moore says
Do you drain grease after cooking sausage? Before adding other ingredients??
I wondering if I can double this recipe and have it still fit in a 6qt instant pot.
As long as it doesn’t go above the fill line you are fine.
Cindy L Zorn says
Can you add veggies to the list and takeout meat
Sure, You could sub in eggplant or zucchini.