These delightfully fun Mini Unicorn Donuts are perfect for birthday parties, gender reveal parties or even just a special breakfast for your kids! Pink cake mix is baked into miniature donuts and dipped into a magical glaze. Yum!
Mini Unicorn Donuts
Unicorn donuts? What are these magical things that I lay my eyes on? I’ll tell you what they are! They are going to be your kid’s next favorite breakfast treat. Heck, they taste so yummy that I bet your husband will love them too!
Donuts are already one of the most awesome things in the world and now we are able to make them even more spectacular! I love that they look so freaking cool but are actually really easy to make. And these are a MINI donut version. So they are the perfect size for little hands.
What Do I Need To Make Unicorn Donuts?
- White cake mix, any brand
- Egg whites
- Vegetable oil
- Purple gel food coloring
- Pink gel food coloring
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream or Half & Half
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large freezer storage bags
- Kitchen scissors
- (2) 12 count mini donut pans
Notes and Tips
The white cake mix of these donuts is dyed with pink food coloring. This makes a great base layer for the rainbow frosting on top. But you can use any other cake mix that you think would be cute. Confetti cake mix would be super fun or strawberry cake would be perfect!
Just make sure that you let the donuts completely cool before you start with the icing. And be super careful when adding the food coloring to the icing. You want a nice swirly rainbow effect, not a blog of color. As you ice the top of the donuts, you’ll see that you have to add more food coloring to swirl around again. You’ll get a feel for this. Just continue to go slowly and be careful.
I hope you enjoy these magical unicorn donuts. They are so pretty and fun! Please let me know how they turned out for you in the comments section. I’d love to know if you made an tweaks or adjustments to the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 box of white cake mix any brand
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. water
- purple gel food coloring
- pink gel food coloring
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream or Half & Half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 count mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, oil and water.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring to the batter and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the large freezer bag.
- Snip the corner of the freezer bag and fill the mini donut wells with batter.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once the donuts have cooled, remove them from the donut pan and set aside.
- Combine the powdered sugar and creamer.
- Add 1 drop of each food coloring to the glaze.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl the colors (be careful to not completely mix the colors together).
- Dip the donuts one at a time in the glaze and then add sprinkles.
- After dipping 2-3 donuts in the glaze, add another drop of each food coloring and gently swirl the colors.
- Repeat with all donuts.