I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am going back to school tomorrow! The summer just flew by and it is time to face the fact that I must go back to work. I meet my new class of first graders on Monday morning. I assume I feel a little like they must do, anxious, excited and a little scared. This year should be interesting with my son being in first grade as well. It will be nice being on the same schedule, I am sure we may even get to eat lunch together sometimes! Instantly when I think of that I think about finding some Kid Friendly Lunches to make for him. We both prefer that I make his lunch in lieu of eating hot lunch at school.
Our lunch menu can get a little predictable. This year, I want to mix it up a little since he is starting to be more adventurous with his eating. I found a great variety of kid-friendly lunches that I want to share with you. I hope this helps with all your Back to School planning!
20 Kid Friendly Lunches
These Turkey Kebabs would look so cute using these kid-friendly skewers in a lunchbox! Just saying…
4. Turkey Kebabs | True Food Movement
5. No Bake Fruit Pizzas | Two Healthy Kitchens
6. Avocado Tomato and Chicken Wrap | A Mom’s Impression
7. Grilled Citrus Chicken Kabobs | A Dash of Sanity
8. Greek Yogurt Dippers | Life a Little Brighter
9. Bite Size Taco Salads | Simplistically Living
10. Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla | The Life Jolie
11. Loaded Tot Kabobs | The Country Chic Cottage
12. Bacon Grilled Cheese Braid | The Gracious Wife
13. Peanut Butter Roll Ups | Living Sweet Moments
14. Copycat Taco Bell Quesadillas | The Gracious Wife
15. Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken Fingers | Dinner at the Zoo
16. Strawberry Peanut Butter Quesadillas | Two Healthy Kitchens
17. Pigs in a Blanket | Glue Sticks and Gum Drops
(Check out this Sandwich Sealer N Decruster that was used to make these DIY Uncrustables) We use this for many kid-friendly lunches! And I just found this adorable little bear one that your younger kids would love!
The food is just half of the fun of a great kid-friendly lunch. I love to pack my kids’ lunches in fun bento-type boxes that they enjoy like these:
7 Pack Color Meal Prep 3 Compartment Portion Control Plastic Bento Lunch Box Food Container and 1 FREE ice pack – Youngever Home – Microwavable – Dishwasher Safe – BPA FreeBentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box, GreenLunch Bento Box, Iwotou Microwave and Dishwasher Safe Lunch Box with 5+1 Separated Containers (Blue)
In fact, they are so perfect for portion control that I use them myself when I pack a lunch. Every little thing counts when it comes to getting your kids to eat their lunches so when it looks fun and appealing they are more likely to eat it!