My kids and I love making sweet treats for the holidays. A few years ago we found a delicious Cake Pop Recipe and have been making fun cake balls every since. This is a an easy dessert recipe that your kids can help you with this holiday season.
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN HOLIDAY RECIPES? CHECK OUT MY CINNAMON ROLL CHRISTMAS TREE RECIPE AND MY SIMPLE AND EASY CHRISTMAS TREE TREATS!
Easy Winter Recipe-Snowball Cake Pops
These cake balls take a little help from the grocery store, but if you want you can always make your own cake mix from scratch. I used white cake mix, but if you could use chocolate cake mix or really anything else you want. You just bake it, let it cool completely to room temperature and crumble it into a bowl.
In order to make your cake balls moist and delicious, you are going to add some frosting. Again, you can buy your favorite brand at the grocery store or make your own homemade frosting.
Mix your frosting and cake mix together in order to form your snowballs!
This is where the creativity begins. You can form these balls into whatever shape you want. Just melt your chocolate melts and cover them up! To make the snowball cake pops really stand out, I love to use some edible glitter.
The edible glitter is what makes them so beautiful and sparkly. It also gives it a snow look that is going to wow anyone who eats them! Its all about presentation!
Easy Snowball Cake Pop Recipe
- 15.25 oz Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 2 cups White Chocolate Discs/Melts
- Edible White Glitter
- Make cake according to the directions on the box. (optional: Blue food coloring can be added to the batter if you’d like a little color).
- Once cake is baked and cooled completely to room temperature, trim off top layer and scoop out the cake without scraping into the bottom. (You don’t want the brown cooked bottom of the cake).
- When you have all the cake into the bowl, take your fork and break up into small pieces.
- Add about ¾ of the can of frosting. Mix well.
- Chill the cake mix in refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes. This will make it easier to rolls into balls. Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Stick in Freezer for about 20 minutes.
- When they are ready, take your white chocolate discs and put in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to do this until discs are all melted.
- Next, take a cake ball and dip into the chocolate, make sure to get a nice even coat. Place on your parchment paper and sprinkle with the edible white glitter.
- Once they are all made, let them set up at room temperature.
- They are ready to serve!
*Makes about 2 Dozen
Gift them in a fun holiday box and you have the perfect gift for friends, family or co-workers!