Once you try Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce you will never go back to that canned cranberry sauce. So easy and simple to make, it’s a perfect Thanksgiving recipe. Made with either fresh or frozen cranberries, you get zesty, authentic and bold flavors in just 8 minutes!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- QUICK – We all know that there is a lot going on in the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day. Making Cranberry Sauce in your pressure cooker only takes 8 minutes! Your meal prep just got a lot easier!
- NO STOVE NEEDED – Plus, you’ve got a lot of things to cook in a short amount to time. So space is precious on your stove or in your oven. Making Cranberry Sauce in your Instant Pot frees up your stove top for other dishes!
- EASY CLEAN UP – Made all in one pot, there aren’t a ton of dishes to clean or wash when your done with Thanksgiving Dinner. Yay!
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS – When you eat canned, store bought cranberry sauce, there can be a ton of added sugar and preservatives in it. This homemade cranberry sauce is made with real ingredients so you know exactly what you are feeding your family!
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Only a handful of ingredients and a couple of minutes and you’ll have this fresh, homemade Cranberry Sauce on the table ready to go! For step-by-step instructions, you can print out the recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- CRANBERRIES – We used 10 ounces of frozen Cranberries. But you can use fresh cranberries if you’d like. If you use fresh cranberries, just make sure they are very fresh and firm.
- WHITE SUGAR – If you’d like to make this recipe even more healthy and wholesome, you can use a different sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- GROUND CINNAMON – Stir in some cinnamon and it tastes so delicious with the sweet and tangy cranberries!
- ORANGE – You will be needing the orange zest and the orange juice of one orange.
How To Make Cranberry Sauce In A Pressure Cooker
1. Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl or the instant pot.
2. Place the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure release valve to sealing position.
3. Set the instant pot to steam, high pressure for and pressure cook for 8 minutes. When done cooking, quick release to vent the steam. Place into a serving dish and serve.
Storage and Freezing
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should be good in your fridge for about 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce. Allow it to fully cool and then put it in a freezer safe container and label it. It should be good in your Freezer for 4 months. Sorry.. it probably won’t make it to next year’s Thanksgiving. Allow to thaw overnight in your refrigerator.
What Can You Use Cranberry Sauce For?
Yes, we all knw it as that classic Thanksgiving side dish. But there are other delicious ways that you can use your Cranberry Sauce. Use it as a topping for your toast, pancakes or waffles (just like a jam!) or on lots of different sandwiches. Or put some on top of cheesecake or another dessert. Put it as an ingredient in a smoothie or on some yogurt. Or, it could also make a great filling for just about any pastry or tarts.
We hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section.
LOOKING FOR MORE INSTANT POT HOLIDAY RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 1 package 10 oz, frozen cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl or the instant pot.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure release valve.
- Set the instant pot to steam, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When done cooking, quick release the steam.
- Place into a serving dish and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.