My son told me yesterday at the dinner table that it was the first day of spring. It took me back for a second since we have been having some cooler temperatures the past couple of days. But sure enough, I looked out and I saw our daffodils starting to bloom. My kids start their spring break on Thursday and I can’t be more excited to find some fun spring activities for kids that we can do together.
Spring is the time where we break out the sidewalk chalk, grab out paints, collect rocks and get a little dirty while we explore the outdoors. Its not hard to guess that its my favorite season of all. While I would love spend the entire season outside, spring is known for its rainy days so we found a few indoor activities as well as some of our outdoor favorites!
Fun Spring Activities for Kids
1. Lemon Bath Bombs | A Mom’s Impression
2. Fingerprint Spring Cherry Blossom Tree | Fun Handprint Art
3. Alphabet Flower Match | I Heart Crafty Things
4. Flower Patterning with Lemongrass Scented Playdough | I Can Teach My Child
5. Edible Rainbow | Adventures of Adam
6. Spring Themed Sensory Bin | Buggy and Buddy
7. Frog Roll and Cover Tray | Living Montessori Now
8. Climbing Trees | Tinker Lab
9. Rock Painting | Rhythms of Play
10. Mud Pie Station | My Small Potatoes
11. Fairy Garden Table | Inner Child Fun
12. Spring Scavenger Hunt | One Perfect Day
13. Chalk Shadows | Reading Confetti
14. Yarn and Glue Bird’s Nest | The Imagination Tree
15. Growing Beans in a Jar | Life at the Zoo
Here are some of our favorite products to have on hand during the spring months! We go through so much sidewalk chalk and bubbles that I keep them stocked at all times!
Washable Sidewalk Chalk, 48 Assorted Bright Colors by CrayolaLittle Kids No Spill Big Bubble Bucket, Colors May VaryWham-O Original Striped Hula HoopCrayola Washable Kid’s Paint (6 count)Toysmith Kid’s 3-Piece Garden Tool SetMelissa & Doug Sunny Patch Pretty Petals Flower Watering Can – Pretend Play Toy
In addition you might love making this Lion/Lamb craft to celebrate March coming in like a lion and out like a lamb!