We are revisiting my
love obsession with the chocolate peanut butter combination with these cookies. I made these cookies as using our Lindt chocolate from our chocolate party last week and actually found the recipe in Lindt Chocolate Passion Cookbook. I wanted to cut out some of the calories and sugar so I used NEW Domino® Light Sugar & Stevia Blend in place of regular sugar, no one knew the difference. They still tasted fantastic!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Domino Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop chocolate into chunks
- Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars and cream together
- Add the egg and vanilla
- Combine the dry ingredients together and add to the creamy mixture
- Stir in the chocolate chunks
- Drop batter by teaspoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake 11-13 minutes
- Cool and store in airtight container
Substituting sugar with the Domino Light surprised me. Normally when I bake with a sugar substitute I can totally tell, but not this time. I am guessing because it is an actual blend of real sugar and the extract of the stevia plant. It is simple to substitute, all you have to do is half whatever your recipe calls for in sugar. For instance, if your recipe calls for 1/2 cup sugar add 1/4 cup Domino Light instead.
On August 8, 2012 Domino Light and C&H Light: Sugar & Stevia Blends are sponsoring a Twitter party. You can win $500 in Visa gift cards for attending! Find out more and enter to win by visiting Mamavation.
Visit Domino Sugar on Facebook where you can find a $1 off Domino Light coupon by clicking the coupon tab.