Recently Updated! This Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe makes an easy, delicious family meal any night of the week. Tender baked Chicken Breasts are coated with a crispy, parmesan breading. We add some extra flair by topping the chicken with a Bruschetta mixture! We’ve also included Stove Top and Air Fryer instructions too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- EASY – With just a handful of ingredients and a short prep time, this delicious chicken dish is on the table to feed your hungry family in just a couple of couple minutes! And, by slathering the mayo to help keep the breadcrumbs on, there is no need to dredge the chicken in eggs! No mess and less dishes!
- HEALTHY – Just simple, wholesome ingredients.
- DELICIOUS – Why would you coat your Chicken with Mayonnaise? A mayo coating gives your chicken an extra boost of flavor and helps keep it super moist. And with that parmesan breadcrumb crust? Yum! Trust us, you gotta try it!
Hellman’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Here is what you’ll need to get started. For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below.
- MAYONNAISE – We really suggest using Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with Olive Oil (or Best Foods, they are the same thing) for this recipe. It’s just makes this dish taste better than using any other brand. But, if you need to use another Mayo, it won’t ruin it. If you want to trim some calories, y0u can use light Mayonnaise. But it won’t have the olive oil mixed in, so you may want to add a little of your own EVOO to it.
- PARMESAN CHEESE – We highly suggest grating your own cheese. But you can buy the pre-grated stuff from the store if needed. DO NOT use the powdered kind.
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS – You can substitute for Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Chicken Tenderloins. If you use thighs, we suggest pounding them a little thinner.
- BREAD CRUMBS – You can use plain bread crumbs and add the Italian Seasoning mentioned below. Or buy Italian Bread Crumbs and omit adding the seasoning. To make this gluten-free, you can use gluten free bread crumbs. You can also use Panko Breadcrumbs if that sounds good!
- ITALIAN SEASONING – See above.
Bruschetta Topping Ingredients
- TOMATOES – If using a larger heirloom tomato, we suggest seeding and peeling them. If using small tomatoes (sungolds, cherry, ect… ) there is no need to do this.
- ONION – Use a red onion, for it’s stronger, bolder flavor.
- ITALIAN DRESSING – Not the creamy Italian dressing.
- SALT AND PEPPER – To taste.
What To Serve with Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Chicken?
This dish would taste great with:
- A pasta like this MUSHROOM NOODLE FLORENTINE.
- INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- AIR FRYER CARROTS
- POTATO WEDGES
Stove Top Instructions
- Prepare chicken as described in steps 2-4 (don’t preheat the oven, instead, heat a skillet on the stovetop to medium high heat).
- Cook chicken 7 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer in the center reaches at least 165 degrees.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Prepare chicken as described in steps 2-4 (don’t preheat the oven, instead, preheat your Air Fryer to 190 degrees).
- Cook chicken for 15 minutes, flipping over about halfway through cooking time.
Storage, Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Leftovers should be good for about 5 days. But, really, the crispy coating will soften and you won’t be able to get it to the texture it was when freshly cooked. You can reheat this in the microwave.
Can you freeze Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken? Yes, you can. But again, the coating will get soggy when it thaws. We recommend eating this dish fresh.
We hope you enjoy this Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section!
Hellmann's Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 4 tsp. plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Robusto Italian Dressing or Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine Hellmann Mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine bruschetta ingredients in medium bowl.
- To serve, evenly top chicken with bruschetta mixture.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.