This No Nut Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
As I start thinking about the seasons changing, I get a little excited. I love fall and all the delicious flavors that go with it. Fall means pumpkins, apples, carrots and spice! It is a delightful time of the year. Today I am sharing the ultimate carrot cake cupcake recipe with you guys, you can thank me later.
I have made a few carrot cake cupcakes in my lifetime and this one is by far the best! Because of a nut-allergy in my home, I make them nut-free so we can all enjoy them. The spices in the cake are warm and delicious and my mouth waters every time I think about them. This is a recipe that I am sure to make at least once a year. This time around I am even saving a little time because I found a secret weapon! Introducing the NEW Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag.
Your favorite Pillsbury frosting is now available is a pre-filled pastry bag and is available in 3 delicious flavors; vanilla, chocolate fudge, and cream cheese. This little guy is going to make your baking a breeze! I found my Pillsbury Cream Cheese Filled Pastry Bag at Meijer on our weekly grocery trip. I knew it would be perfect for my carrot cake cupcakes. I am very excited that these are now available, it is going to make baking homemade treats a little easier. I can see myself using the chocolate and vanilla flavors for my kid’s birthday cupcakes. I can also see myself stocking up for my holiday baking. Even my kids can help frost our treats because using this bag is so simple!
Anyways… back to the best homemade carrot cake cupcake recipe ever!
No Nut Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Pillsbury™ Cream Cheese Filled Pastry Bag
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place cupcake liners in a standard muffin pan.
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whisk the brown sugar, eggs, and oil together adding the carrots, vanilla, and applesauce as you go. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake for about 20-24 minutes or until done.
- Cool Completely.
- Using your Pillsbury™ Cream Cheese Filled Pastry Bag, top each cupcake with frosting.
- Push the frosting toward the star tip and twist the top of the pastry bag
- If not already removed, remove the plastic over from the star tip by tearing at the perforation
- Squeeze from the top of the pastry bag to frost your cupcakes
The filled pastry bag comes with a built-in star tip allowing you to easily decorate in 3 fun designs: stars, rosettes, and waves. I am not the best pastry decorator in the world, but I thought my rosettes looked great. I love how easy it is to use this bag and the fact that there isn’t a ton of clean up makes me a very happy person!
You can find Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags at your local Meijer store. If you love shopping at Meijer and are a Meijer mPerks member, be sure to check out this digital coupon to save $1 on any Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag. You need to stock up now for all the baking you are going to be doing in the next few months!