What Rice Should you use for Risotto?
Tips for Making Instant Pot Risotto
- If you want to make mushroom risotto it is super easy to add your sliced mushrooms in your pot when cooking the onions and garlic.
- You could also add a protein like chicken, pork, or turkey. Add during the saute phase of cooking and you are good to go.
- This recipe is best eaten fairly quickly after it is done. Don’t worry, this won’t be too hard as it is delicious and everyone won’t want to wait to try it!
- You can replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock if you want to make this vegetarian.
How to Make Instant Pot Risotto
To make this easy risotto recipe I used the “rice” function on my Instant Pot. If your pressure cooker doesn’t have a rice function you can you use Low Pressure for 12 minutes or High Pressure for 6 minutes. Whatever method you choose to cook your risotto under, you will be quickly releasing the steam.
This Instant Pot Risotto is the easiest way to make a tasty risotto in minutes. Forget about stirring and ladling a cup of stock one at a time with this pressure cooker recipe. This basic recipe is creamy, delicious and full of Parmesan flavor!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add oil, onion, and garlic to the instant pot and saute until onions are tender and garlic begins to brown.
- Add broth and rice and mix well.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and seal shut. Close pressure release valve. Set instant pot to rice.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, quick release steam.
Stir in Parmesan Cheese and parsley and enjoy!
I used my rice function on my IP and it's set. you cannot change it. It was set to Low Pressure for 12 minutes and it did the excellent cooking this rice. In doing additional research and consulting my manual/recipe book that came with the IP, It looks like you can cook it on Manual, High Pressure for 6 minutes and then Quick Release pressure when cooking is complete.