Doesn’t it seems like the days are too short? I swear that the days are getting shorter, there is just too much to get done everyday. Between school, the longer commute, and getting two kids picked up from two different places every day, finding time to cook has been very difficult. I have helped solve this problem by creating and freezing casserole recipes ahead of time and thawing them overnight in the fridge. Every time I make one, I freeze one too. This helps save time in the evenings so I can actually spend some time with my kids before they go to bed.
My husband and I are trying to cut out a lot of fat from our diets. Some of our favorite casseroles are covered in creamy soup that, while being delicious, doesn’t help with our goal of cutting out the calories. I wanted to create a dish that was flavorful, yet not as heavy as some of the ones that we have enjoyed in the past.
I am getting pretty good at creating time saving tips when it comes to creating a quick and healthy dinner. One of my staples for achieving a quick meal is by using a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Not only is it a great deal, the chicken is moist and delicious. I have been rotisserie chicken for my chicken salad recipes as well as for all of my casserole dishes. My Marsala Chicken and Rice Casserole also uses a rotisserie chicken that has been chopped and added in place of dicing and sautéing a couple chicken breasts.
Marsala Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock Original Spread
- 12 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups cooked brown wild rice
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- In a large skillet, heat Country Crock Original Spread until just melted (over medium-high heat). Add mushrooms and sauté, until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir in for 1 minute. Stir in the marsala and half and half and simmer until slightly thickened (around 3 minutes). Add 1/2 cup water, the parsley, and any spices that you feel like (I just used some salt and pepper).
- In a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch casserole dish, spread the rice in an even layer then add the chicken on top of the rice. Pour the mushroom mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the parmesan on top of the casserole and bake, uncovered, for 5 additional minutes. .
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
For more ideas for #QuickFixCasserole visit the Country Crock Pinterest page or Country Crock Facebook Page. You will find some fantastic casserole options that are easy and delicious, making dinner enjoyable again!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Share Your Thoughts