Nothing says summer like a delicious pasta salad. I have tried dozens of recipes for a flavorful chicken salad and this Chicken & Fruit Pasta Salad is by far my favorite. The fruit adds some sweetness while the sliced almonds and celery add a nice crunch.
I love creating and making different versions of this particular pasta salad any time I have some girlfriends over for lunch. It always has been a huge hit. It is easy to make the day before so that you aren’t scrambling when company comes over.
This time I used Whole Wheat pasta from Hodgson Mill! Hodgson Mill’s 100% natural, certified non-GMO pasta is the perfect backdrop to this flavorful chicken salad that will be sure to impress.
- 2 cups shredded chicken I used a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1 15 oz can of Mandarin Oranges drained
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Bow-Tie Pasta
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, drain and cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- When cooled, fold in pasta.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (or even overnight). Serve over lettuce leaves for a beautiful presentation!
I always add a glass of lemonade for the perfect summer lunch. The leftovers are wonderful when I pack a lunch for work. Try this before summer ends, I know you will enjoy it as much as I do!