Nothing says summer like a delicious pasta salad. I have tried dozens of recipes for a flavorful chicken salad and this Chicken & Fruit Pasta Salad is by far my favorite. The fruit adds some sweetness while the sliced almonds and celery add a nice crunch.
I love creating and making different versions of this particular pasta salad any time I have some girlfriends over for lunch. It always has been a huge hit. It is easy to make the day before so that you aren’t scrambling when company comes over.
This time I used Whole Wheat pasta from Hodgson Mill! Hodgson Mill’s 100% natural, certified non-GMO pasta is the perfect backdrop to this flavorful chicken salad that will be sure to impress.
Chicken and Fruit Pasta Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken I used a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1 15 oz can of Mandarin Oranges drained
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Bow-Tie Pasta
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, drain and cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- When cooled, fold in pasta.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (or even overnight). Serve over lettuce leaves for a beautiful presentation!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
I always add a glass of lemonade for the perfect summer lunch. The leftovers are wonderful when I pack a lunch for work. Try this before summer ends, I know you will enjoy it as much as I do!
Jennifer T. says
My favorite pasta salad is one I make with cold pasta, pepperoni, olives, grape tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, feta cheese, and Italian dressing.
Kat Hodson says
That sounds delicious!
Jayne Putman says
We love pasta at our house! I recently made up a pasta salad recipe which has become our new favorite. It has tortellini cheese pasta, black olives, red pepper, red onion, marinated artichoke hearts and the dressing is made from a dollop of mayo, the marinade from the jar of artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese. It was delicious! Perhaps it would be even better with whole wheat pasts!
Kat Hodson says
That sounds great!