Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Pork Chops
- EASY – Everyone loves Crockpot meals because you can just dump in your ingredients and let it cook with minimal attention. But it can take HOURS! Using your Pressure Cooker, everything is also all made in one pot, but you’ll have dinner on the table in MINUTES! And this recipe is basically impossible to screw up!
- DELICIOUS – Cooking any meat in your Instant Pot always gives you tender, juicy and flavorful results. And we pair our pork chops with a homemade gravy made from Apricot Preserves, Brown Sugar and Apple Juice. The gravy isn’t too sweet at all, but it pairs so well with the saltiness of the pork!
Easy Pork Chop Recipe with Gravy
For step-by-step Instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- OIL – We like to use olive oil when we sauté meat in an Instant Pot. But you can use any oil that has a higher smoke point.
- BONELESS PORK CHOPS – Pork chops often come in various thickness. This recipe is for a thick-cut pork chops. If you have a thinner pork chop, you may be able to shorten the cooking time. You can also use bone-in pork chops if you’d like to.
- APPLE JUICE – Any brand will do. If you want to cut some of the sugar out of the recipe, you can use reduced sugar.
- APRICOT PRESERVES – This is the secret weapon of this recipe! It will give your gravy a dynamic taste and texture!
- BROWN SUGAR – Just a little brown sugar to add some depth of flavor.
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER – To taste.
- CORNSTARCH SLURRY – 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
Can You Cook Frozen Pork Chops in Instant Pot?
Also, your pressure cooker allows you to cook frozen proteins with ease. If these pork chops were frozen, all you need to do is add a few minutes (I usually will double cook time) to the pressure cooking time and you are good to go, just note that it will take more time for your pressure cooker to come to pressure if you are using frozen meat.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Pork Chops
Storage, Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftover in an Airtight Container in your refrigerator. They should be good for about 5 days. This recipe reheats just fine in the microwave.
You can freeze Instant Pot Pork Chops. Just allow them to fully cool and put in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 4 months. Allow to thaw overnight in your refrigerator.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- GET THE FOND – After you saute your pork chops and add the ingredients for your sauce. Get a wooden spoon and scrape all the brown bits (it’s called fond) of the bottom of the pot. When you deglaze like this, it will add flavor to the gravy and also help to prevent a burn notice.
- MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD SEAR – While the Instant Pot always gets juicy, tender pork chops, pressure cooking alone doesn’t get you a good sear. So you achieve this by using the saute mode to saute your meat before pressure cooking it. So make sure you get a good sear during this process.
- ADD MUSHROOMS – You can add some sliced mushrooms to this recipe if you’d like.
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS!
We hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe. Please let us know how it turns out in the comments section. Happy Eating!
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- Place oil and pork chops into the Instant Pot. Saute and brown each side. If necessary, saute in batches to accommodate the size of your pork chops and size of your pressure cooker.
- Return all pork chops to pan and add cider, preserves, brown sugar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve. Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before opening pot.
- Set pot to saute and whisk in cornstarch and water mixture. Bring to a boil until sauce is thick.
- Serve with sauce.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.