Valentine’s Day Treats
My kids and I love to make Homemade Gummy Candy, especially around holidays. Taking the time to make homemade Valentine’s Day Treats treats for family and friends is one way we like to celebrate. For Valentine’s Day, we love making these homemade gummy candy hearts. They are easy to make and everyone in the family can help.
Homemade Gummy Candy
Homemade gummies are easier to make then you might think. You just need a few things from your pantry.
- 1 ½ cups Applesauce
- 2 ¼ cup Sugar plus extra to roll gummy in
- 2- 3oz. Boxes of Black Cherry Jell-O (Any flavor will work)
- 2 packs of Unflavored Gelatin
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over Medium-High heat. Stir constantly until it reaches a boil. Let boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a parchment lined 13×9 baking dish. (This will allow for easier removal).
- Place dish in the refrigerator for about an hour or until set.
- Once set, remove from pan and dust top with sugar.
- Cut out heart shapes using your cookie cutter. After the first cut-out, dip the cookie cutter in sugar before you cut-out the next one. (It won’t stick too much if you do this).
- Take the gummy heart and roll in sugar to coat the bottom and sides. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container or serve immediately.
While these are perfect for Valentine’s Day you can make homemade gummies for many different celebrations and holidays. Think about all the different shapes you can make and different flavors of JELLO you can use! The possibilities are endless.
For more Valentine’s Day treats, check out these fun Chocolate Covered Oreos!
Happy Valentine’s Day!