Fall reminds me of soup, stews and comfort food! I’m excited to share my go-to meal for entertaining these days, our Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken. Using a pressure cooker is a wonderful way to still enjoy the game and to cook a wholesome meal at the same time.
Pressure Cooker Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 brick 8 oz, cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar 7-8 oz, sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- cornstarch slurry: 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Add chicken, onion, garlic and oil to the Pressure Cooker. Saute, cooking the chicken for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add Italian seasoning and broth and mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve and set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, carefully quick release the pressure and open the pot. Remove the chicken and reserve on a plate.
- Add half and half and cream cheese into the pot. Press saute and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, carefully avoiding scorching or burning. Turn to warm and stir in tomatoes, spinach and grated cheese. Add chicken. Mix well until heated through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sauce
- Cooking time does not include the time it takes for the pressure cooker to come to pressure.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
Pin for Later
Share Your Thoughts