Instant Pot Corn Chowder
This Instant Pot Corn Chowder is comfort food at it's best... and easiest! Made entirely in your Electric Pressure Cooker this soup is creamy, rich and loaded with homemade flavor. It's the perfect recipe to warm you up on a cold day.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 can 15 oz, corn, drained
- 6 small yellow potatoes chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- fresh parsley optional for serving
Add oil, onion and flour to the instant pot. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until onions are cooked and tender.
Add corn, potatoes, broth, salt, thyme and pepper, stir and mix well. Place the lid on the instant pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve and seal shut. Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 15 minutes. When cooking is complete, quick release pressure and open pot.
Pour in milk and cornstarch slurry and turn pot to saute. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until bubbling and chowder begins to thicken.
Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley.