The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Did you know that if all clothes washers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR® certified, we would save more than $4 billion each year and prevent more than 19 billion pounds of carbon pollution annually? Isn’t that statistic staggering? This is equal to the emissions from about 1.7 million vehicles, and that is just the dryers! Think of what we can do if we switched all of our appliances. Sometimes making a small little change can make a huge impact.
ENERGY STAR Laundry Appliances
I know what you might be thinking, money is tight so why should I invest in ENERGY STAR Laundry Appliances? Here are three important things to consider.
- Better for you – ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers save energy, which means that you will save on energy bills. We all need a little extra cash in our pocket and ENERGY STAR appliances can help you do that.
- Better for the environment – Saving energy means that ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers help protect the climate, which means that your kids and the planet will benefit for years to come.
- Better for your clothes – ENERGY STAR clothes washers use a variety of sophisticated cleaning methods that are gentler on your clothes, while ENERGY STAR clothes dryers use less heat and sensor drying which reduces wear and tear on clothes from over-drying. Clothes cost money and therefore having your clothes last longer means more money in your pocket.
It is actually more cost effective to invest in an ENERGY STAR washer and dryer than a traditional one.
So… how can Best Buy help?
We purchase all of our appliances at Best Buy. Since we have moved into our current home we have replaced everything but our laundry suite. We shop at Best Buy partly because Best Buy is committed to positively impacting the environment and its communities. Best Buy provides their customers with a wide assortment of sustainable products. This includes offering a large selection of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified electronics and appliances. The large selection guarantees that we will find exactly what we are looking for.
ENERGY STAR Washers and Dryers
Clothes washers and dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR deliver superior efficiency and performance by incorporating advanced every saving features.
Over the lifetime of the product, an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer saves:
- 1,100 kWh and more than 2.5 million BTUs of natural gas
- 33,000 gallons of water
- $490 over the product’s lifetime
A new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer will save you about $45 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model. This is just the savings of the washer itself, once you add in an ENERGY STAR dryer the savings continue.
ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryers have advanced features that reduce energy such as:
- Low Heat Setting– Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
- Steam Cycles– Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
Our dryer has this feature and it has cut down on our ironing by more than half. I love this feature!
By switching to an ENERGY STAR laundry suite, you are not only helping your pocketbook, you are helping the environment. If everyone reduces their carbon footprint, think about the change we can bring to the world. Remember, a little change can make a big impact.