Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and I don’t know about you but I love creating fun and delicious Mexican inspired dishes to celebrate. McCormick is celebrating their 125th anniversary this year with Flavor of Together, a year-long program to celebrate the unifying power of flavor and get people around the globe to share their flavor stories with each other. A couple of months ago I shared my Root Beer Float Fudge recipe and now I am excited to share this flavorful Salmon Tostada with Chamoy and Charred Corn Relish recipe just in time for Cinco de Mayo.
- Chamoy Sauce:
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Pepper Crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Chile Pepper Ancho
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Charred Corn Relish:
- 2 ears fresh corn husks and silk strands removed
- 1 medium tomato seeded and diced (1-cup)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 blood oranges juiced (1/2 cup) Substitutions
- Salmon Tostada:
- 4 salmon fillets skin off (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 8 to stada shells (5 inch)
- 2 avocadoes peeled, seeded and each cut into 16 slices
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Chamoy Sauce, place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
For the Corn Relish, grill corn over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Toss corn with tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, blood orange juice and 1/2 cup of the Chamoy Sauce in large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Salmon Tostada, place salmon in baking dish. Brush top of each fillet with 1 tablespoon of the remaining Chamoy Sauce. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Flake each salmon fillet into large pieces.
To assemble tostadas, place 4 avocado slices in each shell. Top each with about 1/4 cup of the corn relish, 2 tablespoon of the sour cream and flakes from 1/2 of a salmon fillet. Drizzle with remaining Chamoy Sauce.