I found this recipe on Created by Diane and just had to try it out! I love the idea of roasting the jalapenos and will be using this technique a lot in the future. It made this bread amazing! I modified her recipe just a bit to suit my pantry, but it turned out wonderful!
- 1 Small Loaf French bread
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 roasted jalapenos diced
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 tsp onion powder or use fresh onion if you have it
In mixer add room temperature cream cheese, diced jalapenos, diced scallions and 1 cup of grated cheese.
Spread mixture on bread and top with bacon and remaining cheese.
Place under broiler on Low for about 7 minutes.
Be sure to check out Created by Diane for more ideas on what to do with any leftover spread!
Enjoy the big game this weekend. We are so excited to watch it here in Indianapolis!