I love creating new recipes. I often use store bought ingredients to help out as I am a busy mom and have a limited amount of time on my hands. I love the challenge of mixing fresh ingredients with ready made ingredients and the result is a yummy dish of food for my family.
I have always been fond of Betty Crocker products, but I hadn’t tried their mashed potatoes before. Seeing as how I am from Idaho, we know how to make mashed potatoes from scratch, but it isn’t a quick process. I love making potato croquettes from left over mashed potatoes, so I thought I would take Betty Crocker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and make them into croquettes. The result, an extremely yummy appetizer or lunch!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- Bacon (optional, I used bacon bits)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or your families favorite kind of cheese)
- Bread crumbs
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Sour Cream for dipping
- Prepare Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl mix egg, bacon, cheese, flour and potatoes together.
- Will a small scoop, portion out potato mixture into small balls and place on parchment paper. Put this into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Roll potato balls into bread crumbs pressing down to make flat cakes. Make sure bread crumbs completely cover the potato mixture.
- In a deep skillet, heat about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Place croquettes into the oil and fry for about 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with a side of sour cream!
For more recipes and ideas using Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes be sure to visit the Betty Crocker Spud Hub.
Win a $50 Visa Card from Betty Crocker to help create your dinner!
Want to win?
Leave a comment and tell me what your favorite potato recipe is!
(You must complete this entry before completing any of the bonus entries)
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet: Win a $50 Visa Card from Betty Crocker and A Mom’s Impression Enter here: http://wyn.cc/5ib6k
(You may enter daily, just leave a comment with each Tweet’s link)
- Like A Mom’s Impression on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway (Please leave a link to your post)
- Grab my Button and post it on your blog.
- Subscribe to A Mom’s Impression by Email (2 Entries, please leave 2 comments: Please remember to confirm your subscription)
- Comment on any non-giveaway post on A Mom’s Impression. (just tell me what post you commented on)
- List this giveaway on any giveaway site, or share on Facebook.
Please leave a comment about each entry, include a valid email address or you may contact me directly with your contact information. Open to continental US residents only. This giveaway will end at midnight on November 30. Winners will be picked from Random.org. Good Luck!