This easy rainbow pot of gold craft for kids is perfect to make for St. Patrick’s Day. You can fill it up with chocolate coins for a fun treat or decorate your home or child’s bedroom. If you are lucky, you might even catch a leprechaun.
Rainbow Pot of Gold Craft
My kids are very artsy and craftsy. We take any excuse we can find to get our hands dirty and dive into a fun craft project. Of course for St. Patrick’s Day we are all about rainbows and gold coins. You can see that we used these gold coins before when we made our Dish Soap Slime.
This simple project can be used to fill up with chocolate coins or can be used as a Leprechaun catcher! The kids love it!
Rainbow Pot of Gold Planter Craft
This post contains affiliate links.
- 3.5 in. Terra cotta pot
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint in primary colors
- Hot glue gun
- Cotton balls
- Plastic gold coins
ALEX Toys Artist Studio 6 Poster PaintsWinlyn 9 Pcs Small Terracotta Pot Clay Pots 3” Clay Ceramic Pottery Planter Cactus Flower Pots Succulent Pot Drainage Hole- Great for Plants,Crafts,Wedding FavorLoew-Cornell 1021167 Simply Art Wood Craft Sticks 150 ct.Organic BIOLOGIQUE Cotton Balls,organic, Pack of 3 (240 Balls)Novelty Amscan Plastic Gold Coins Value Pack – 400 Ct.
- Begin by painting 6 different popsicle sticks, each a different color. Use the colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- While the sticks are drying, paint your terra cotta pot green. You do not need to paint the inside unless you want to.
- Once the popsicle sticks have dried, use a hot glue gun to glue them together side by side.
- Tilt the glued together popsicle stick rainbow a little to the side, and use a hot glue gun to attach it to the inside of the back of the pot. This will make it stick up at an angle like a rainbow ending in the pot.
- Pull apart some cotton balls.
- Glue the cotton balls to the top of the rainbow popsicle sticks to form puffy clouds.
- Wrap some ribbon around the top lip of your terra cotta pot and glue it to the back to secure it.
- Fill your pot with some plastic gold coins.