I do not know what we would do without Mickey Mouse! My son absolutely adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He even had a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party last month. He can sit through hours of the show without complaining or moving a muscle. He has seen most of the episodes a least a half a dozen times. I was so relieved when we were offered the chance to review the newest DVD, Mickey’s Great Outdoors. Finally a new episode for mom and dad to watch (TJ could care less if it was one he has seen a million times or not).
Just in time to kick off the summer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Great Outdoors features fourepisodes from the “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” TV show plus one all-new, never-before-seen “Mickey’s Fish Story” episode and comes packaged as a special DVD Play Set (DVD + Digital Copy + Mickey Mote) that will retail nationwide for the suggested price of $29.99 U.S. / $35.99 Canada.
MICKEY’S GREAT OUTDOOR EPISODE LIST:
All-New, Never-Before-Seen Bonus Episode:
• Mickey’s Fish Story – Daisy wants to find a fishy-friend for her goldfish Goldy – and we help her find other goldfish in the Jungle where we’re aided by the mysterious conga drummin’ Jungle-Pete! Boom-boom-bap-boom! Episodes From “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” TV Show:
• Mickey’s Camp Out – Today Mickey and his friends are going to earn Clubhouse “Camp Out Badges” by completing two tasks – setting up camp and fishing for Gummy Fish. Everyone’s planning to camp with a “Tent Buddy”, but Donald decides to camp by himself – and he soon learns that camping with friends is much more fun than camping by yourself.
• Mickey and Minnie’s Jungle Safari – Minnie is determined to snap a photo of the rare Hula Hibiscus that only blooms once a year. So the sensational gang go off on a jungle safari and explore new territory to find this legendary flower.
• Daisy in the Sky – On Balloon Day, Daisy grabs a large batch of balloons and gets literally carried away along with Minnie and Pluto, who couldn’t hold her down. Mickey, Donald and Goofy kick into high gear to save their friends: they use a Giant Candy Cane (to rescue Pluto), a Party Horn (to warn animals out of the way), a Piggy Bank (to weigh down one side of an elevator so that Mickey can reach the top of the lighthouse), and a Toy Hammer (to fix the Ferris wheel).
• Daisy’s Grasshopper – Daisy has a new pet grasshopper named Wilbur, but the playful hoppin’ fella hops away – and we help all our Clubhouse friends hop after him and find him before the end of the day. Boing-boing!
TJ is just starting to interact more with the characters and songs in the shows. I love the Mickey Mote that you can choose to purchase along with the DVD. The Mickey Mote allows kids to interact with the show and push buttons when asked what has happened in the story and what you think might happen. It gets kids envolved with the story and helps build the retelling and comprehension skill that is so very important for a young child.
How It Works:
The Mickey Mote works with any Disney Preschool DVD that includes Discovery Mode™, the interactive “Watch & Play” feature on the DVD! All parents have to do is program the remote control – there’s an easy and quick set-up guide in each DVD- and select the Discovery Mode feature on the menu screen. Within minutes, kids will be easily responding to questions, throughout the story, about scenes they just watched (such as “What color is Goofy’s hat?”) by pressing one of four color-coded buttons on the device — a yellow star, green circle, orange triangle or blue square – to click in their responses. Discovery Mode features include two levels of play, which provides more challenging questions as the child grows.
Disney can never go wrong with any of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs. They have been a lifesaver for relatives who don’t have the Disney Channel at home. TJ has to watch one before bed or if he is feeling sick. He just loves those little white gloved animals!
I’ll leave you with a clip from the new adventure!