Thank you to GetGo for sponsoring this post.
Tap into your inner sandwich artist to take part in a fun upcoming event sponsored by Giant Eagle and GetGo Café + Market. You can break a world record, have fun and make your community a better place all in one afternoon!
Recently, Giant Eagle’s GetGo Café + Market has come to Indianapolis and they are looking to expand their presence. In honor of this, they are teaming up with Gleaners Food Bank to host a very fun upcoming event that I’d love to tell you about.
Make it to Break It Event Details
On Tuesday, July 16, 3000 volunteers will converge on Lucas Oil Stadium (500 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225). On that date, they will attempt to set a Guinness World Record for “the most people making sandwiches simultaneously”.
This will be an incredibly fun, family-friendly event. Feel free to bring everyone but only those over the age of 16 can handle food product and all children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Doors will open at 12:30 and volunteers should count on being there for about 90 minutes. The event is scheduled to conclude at 2:30pm. You can visit the Make it to Break it Event page to learn more.
Participation in this event can count toward service hours and all sandwiches made will be donated to Gleaners.
The event will also feature:
- Free parking for all volunteers
- Appearances by Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders and Blue
- The opportunity to be on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium
- Colts in Motion traveling museum exhibit on site
- Photo opportunities with the Lombardi Trophy
- Free commemorative t-shirt for all volunteers
- The opportunity to win prizes and GetGo gift cards
- Live music and family-friendly games
To sign up, just sign up here and you will be good to go!
Have fun and happy sandwich making!