This post is in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures.
Funny story… My mom and I were in the same art class in college! I was just getting started and my mom decided to go back to school to get her bachelors degree. We ended up both having to take an Art history class so we decided to take the same one! I honestly never had so much fun in a class before. We are both competitive people, and we both got an A in that class.
It is something I will remember for the rest of my life!
Life of the Party is being released this Mother’s Day weekend (May 11), and the story centers around a mother (Melissa McCarthy) going back to college and landing in the same class and school as her daughter. When I first heard about the new Life of the Party movie coming out, I instantly thought back to the art class my mom and I took together. It would be a great movie to watch with her!
Life of the Party Synopsis
When her husband suddenly dumps her, longtime dedicated housewife Deanna (McCarthy) turns regret into re-set by going back to college…landing in the same class and school as her daughter, who’s not entirely sold on the idea. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, the increasingly outspoken Deanna—now Dee Rock—embraces freedom, fun and frat boys on her own terms, finding her true self in a senior year no one ever expected.
Life of the Party also stars:
- Gillian Jacobs (“Don’t Think Twice,” “Love,” “Community”)
- Maya Rudolph (“Bridesmaids,” “Sisters”)
- Julie Bowen (“Modern Family”)
- Matt Walsh (“Veep,” “Ghostbusters”)
- Molly Gordon (“Love the Coopers,” “Animal Kingdom”)
- Stephen Root (“Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates”)
- Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver (“Silver Linings Playbook,” “Animal Kingdom”)
- Jessie Ennis (“Better Call Saul”)
- Adria Arjona (“True Detective,” “Emerald City”)
- Debby Ryan (“Jessie”)
- Jimmy O. Yang (“Silicon Valley”)
The movie is rated PG-13 and opens in theaters everyone on May 11th perfect for enjoying a nice Mother’s Day!
For more Life of the Party fun be sure to visit the official website!
I’m so excited to be partnering with WB and giving away a fun prize to one of you! One (1) lucky reader is going to win a $50 Fandango gift code to bring your mom to see LIFE OF THE PARTY in theaters Mother’s Day weekend!
Open to US mailing addresses only ages 18+.