I absolutely love making desserts. I probably love making them more than I love to eat them! One of my standbys that I keep in the fridge is COOL WHIP whipped topping. Having a container of COOL WHIP on hand has solved a lot of my dessert dilemmas. COOL WHIP on top of everyday desserts adds just the right finish!
This past week has been pretty warm here in Indiana. I wanted to make a dessert that was easy and fun, yet chilled for the warm weather. What I made is perfect for the warm summer days and perfect for busy moms on the go looking for something that will make a big hit at a party, but is super easy to make.
I call them Frozen Peanut Butter Cups, and they are delicious!
- 6 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (I used crunchy but you can use what ever you have on hand)
- 8 ounce tub of COOL WHIP whipped topping
- 6 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- Mix peanut butter and COOL WHIP topping together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix together until smooth.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Fill mini muffin liners with mixture.
- Drop a couple of drops of chocolate syrup on top of each one and swirl with a toothpick.
- Freeze for about an hour and serve.
- Optional: I did add a chopped up Peanut Butter Cup on top of half of my cups. I loved how they turned out and highly recommend it!
These are perfect little treats to keep on hand in your freezer during the warm months. The small size makes them perfect for my little guys. My husband will grab a couple, and I think they are rich enough with just one or two!
Do you have a special dessert you’d like to share? Enter COOL WHIP’s Fan Dessert of the Month Contest for a chance to win $500! Simply make a COOL WHIP dessert, take a photo, and upload it here. Enter now!