As is the tradition in my family during Christmas, one of the nights we were at our cabin was my husband’s and my turn to make dinner for my family. We have fun every year trying to find something fun and unique to bring to the table. This year I wanted to do something easy, yet amazing! We ended up finding the recipe for Artichoke Spinach Lasagna in our Taste of Home Holiday cookbook. We modified it a little, but this is a keeper for any family. I also love that it is completely vegetarian. We have some friends who we invite for dinner who are vegetarian. Guess what we are going to serve next time?
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can 14 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 packaged 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 jar 16 ounces Alfredo pasta sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups 12 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, until tender.
Stir in the broth, rosemary, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Add artichokes, spinach and the mushrooms. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce.
Spread 1 cup of the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with three noodles and 3/4 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining sauce mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with feta cheese and Italian seasoning.
Cover and Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.