Okay, so that might be the longest title of a recipe ever, but I didn’t know what else to name it. Are you a fan of stuffing? I love to eat it at Thanksgiving time, but to be honest with you that is about the only time during the year I eat it. I was sent some Stove Top Everyday Stuffing Mix to try out a recipe with and I have to tell you, I should use it more often when I cook. Not only does Stove Top make a great stuffing as a side dish (try it next time instead of a potato side), it works very well in recipes. I didn’t have a plan, as you can probably tell from the title of this post, but I made a delicious dinner! I just looked in my fridge and freezer for things that I had on hand and prayed that it worked together. I often call these Kathy surprises becaue you never know if they are going to be good or not. This one is a keeper and therefore I am passing it along to you!
- 2 cups StoveTop Everyday Stuffing Mix (I used the for chicken kind)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 pound hamburger (I used a hamburger and sausage mix that I had leftover from a previous recipe)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 ears of corn, cooked and cut off the cob (you could also use a couple of cups of frozen corn)
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger and drain. While hamburger is cooking prepare StoveTop Stuffing as directed (water, butter).
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to hamburger and cook 1 minute. Add corn and heat through.
- When stuffing is finished add it to the skillet and combine.
- Stir in Tomato at the last minute and serve.
Enjoy! Trust me it is going to be good. I ate this for 3 days!