My kids and I love making sweet treats for the holidays. A few years ago we found a delicious Cake Ball Recipe and have been making fun cake balls every since. It only makes sense to create some Snowball Cakeballs for the holiday season.
These cakeballs take a little help from the grocery store, but if you want you can always make your own cake from scratch. You just bake it, let it cool and crumble it into a bowl.
Next to make the cakeballs moist and delicious you are going to add some frosting. Again, you can take some help from the store for this or you can make your own from scratch.
Mix the two together and form into balls!
This is where the creativity begins. You can form these balls into whatever shape you want and then cover them with melted chocolate. To make the snowballs you are going to use some edible glitter.
The edible glitter is what makes them so beautiful and sparkly. It also gives it a snow look that is going to wow anyone who eats them! Its all about presentation!
- 15.25 oz Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 2 cups White Chocolate Discs/Melts
- Edible White Glitter
- Make cake according to the directions on the box. (optional: Blue food coloring can be added to the batter if you’d like a little color).
- Once cake is baked and cooled, trim off top layer and scoop out the cake without scraping into the bottom. (You don’t want the brown cooked bottom of the cake).
- When you have all the cake into the bowl, take your fork and break up into small pieces.
- Add about ¾ of the can of frosting. Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes. This will make it easier to rolls into balls. Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Stick in Freezer for about 20 minutes.
- When they are ready, take your white chocolate discs and put in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to do this until discs are all melted.
- Next, take a cake ball and dip into the chocolate, make sure to get a nice even coat. Place on your parchment paper and sprinkle with the edible white glitter.
- Once they are all made, let them set up at room temperature.
- They are ready to serve!
*Makes about 2 Dozen
Gift them in a fun holiday box and you have the perfect gift for friends, family or co-workers!