Its July already! My maternity leave is flying by so fast. I only have 4 more weeks until I have to go back to work. I want to celebrate and hang out with my family as much as possible. We will be doing those exact two things on the 4th of July when our family gets together to celebrate the 4th and my nephews 4th birthday.
Of course, when I think of celebrations I think of food! I created a healthy 4th of July inspired dessert the other day complete with strawberry stars. I like the use of sugar free pudding, lite Cool Whip, and a lot of fresh berries. Feel free to change it up as you see fit!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rounds (you can also use regular crescents, just cut them up into rounds first)
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- Vanilla Pudding (I used sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar blend
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place one crescent round in the bottom of a greased muffin pan, press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon or the back of a small ice cream scooper to press dough down to form a little cavity.
- Let cool.
- Blend together strawberries and sugar to make a puree.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of puree over the crescent cups.
- Fill crescent cup with pudding.
- Sprinkle pudding with desired amount of raspberries and blueberries.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with a strawberry star and enjoy!
Do you have fun plans for the 4th of July? I would love to hear about them!