Have you seen the commercials for Philadelphia’s Cooking Creme? My husband was watching television a few months ago and saw one of these commercials and said that we should try it out, so we did. Currently there are four different varieties of cooking creme; Italian Cheese & Herb, Savory Garlic, Santa Fe, and Original. I adapted one of the recipes from cookphilly.com to make these delicious Hamburger and Sausage Calzones. They are very moist and creamy and full of calories, but worth every one.
Hamburger ans Sausage Calzones
- 1/3 pound hamburger (I used a hamburger and sausage mix that I had leftover from a previous recipe)
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tub Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme (although I think the Italian Cheese and Herb would be great in the recipe as well)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- Heat over to 400 degrees F.
- Brown the hamburger and sausage along with the mushrooms and peppers on medium high heat. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in a half tub of the cooking creme (you can add more if you think you need it). Remove from heat.
- Unroll the pizza dough and pat out into a rectangle. Cut the dough into 6 slices by cutting dough in half lengthwise and then into thirds.
- Top dough rectangles with mixture and fold in half. Seal edges with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
Be sure to check out some more recipes using Philadelphia Cooking Cremes. Celebrity Chef Todd English has created some wonderful recipes for Kraft using the new Philadelphia Cooking Cremes along with his versatile GreenPan. I was sent one of these pans to test out the Cooking Cremes and have fallen in love with it. I am going to have to buy a whole set of this cookware, it is that good.
Kraft sent me supplies to create my own Philadelphia Cooking Creme party. I created this recipe and also providied Philadelphia Creme Cooking coupons and goodies for my fellow teachers at work. Thank you Kraft!