Baking is one of my family’s favorite holiday traditions. The kids and I love making treats and decorating cookies for friends, family and neighbors. We like to have a variety of sweets to pass out so I am constantly looking for simple and easy recipes that we can make together. I learned about this simple 5 minute fudge from my mom. She taught it to me when I was in high school. I wanted to make it a bit more fancy by swirling two types of chocolate and adding a festive touch with OREO cookies and some holiday sprinkles.
This is probably the easiest holiday treat that we make. It all begins with a trip to our local grocery store where we picked up some OREO cookies, sweetened condensed milk, and two different varieties of chocolate chips.
I make this in the microwave, but you could also do it on the stove top. Simply melt half of the sweetened condensed milk with a cup of white chocolate chips and a drop of vanilla extract. Fold in some crushed OREO cookies and pour into a 8×8 pan lined with greased tin foil. Melt the other half of milk with the cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pour over the white chocolate mixture. Swirl the two chocolates together and top with more crushed OREO cookies and festive holiday sprinkles. I will then press down on the top to ensure my toppings are “stuck” into the mixture.
Let harden and then cut into squares. This fudge recipe is extremely rich so I don’t make it very thick. If you like thicker fudge you could use a smaller pan.
- OREO Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Melt white chocolate chips and half of the Sweetened Condensed Milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat if necessary.
- Fold in ¼ teaspoon vanilla and about 6 crushed OREO cookies.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan.
- Repeat with semi-sweet chocolate chips, omitting OREO cookies.
- Swirl the two chocolate mixtures together and top with more crushed OREO cookies and festive sprinkles.
- Press down on the top of the toppings to ensure they are pressed into the mixture.
- Let harden and cut into squares.
OREO cookies have been a family favorite cookie since I was a kid. There are so many different varieties including limited edition and holiday flavors. These timeless treats have been helping moms and dads make memories for many years and will continue to be around for years to come.
Making holiday tradition memories with your kids can be as easy as giving 5 minutes to make some festive fudge. You don’t have to be in the kitchen all day long to make delicious holiday treats.