My kids and I have been having a great time watching the Olympic trials over the past few weeks. My daughter loved watching the gymnasts compete to make the USA team. I know that they are both excited for the Rio games to start next month. The summer games only happen once every 4 years so I thought this would be a great time to introduce my kids to what the spirit of the games is all about. What better way to do that then for them to get their hands busy with some fun Olympic Activities for Kids! After searching the Internet we found 15 fun activities that will help teach kids about the Olympic Games and why they are important.
Olympic Activities for Kids
1. Olympic Rings Ball Toss | I Can Teach My Child
2. Continents and Countries Olympic Sort | Planet Smarty
3. Lego Olympic Rings Activity | Little Bins for Little Hands
4. Olympic Flag Festival | The Pleasantest Thing
5. Olympic Torch Craft | Happy Hooligans
6. Fizzy Olympic Rings | I Can Teach My Child
7. Olympic Ring Bottle Cap Color Sort | Housing a Forest
8. Salt Dough Olympic Medals | The Imagination Tree
9. Olympic Rings Outdoor Game | Pre-K Pages
10. Paper Plate Olympic Rings | Meaningful Mama
11. Olympic Hand Print Medals | Parenting Chaos
12. Backyard Olympics | The Chaos and the Clutter
13. Olympic Torch Game for Kids | Teach Mama
14. Catapult for Olympic Shot Put | JDaniel4ís mom
15. Olympics Paper Chain Countdown | Housing a Forest
And one more to grow on:
16. Backyard Family Olympic Games A Mom’s Impression!
My family and I had a lot of fun learning about Olympic events that aren’t as mainstream as others like boxing, archery and fencing. We had some fun times in the backyard learning and trying out the sports in a fun, family-friendly way. My son enjoyed learning the correct way to shoot an arrow. My daughter? Well lets just say she might be the next little American fencer!
Go Team USA!